Phonics Camp is designed to support Reception children moving to Year 1. This pack contains all of the resources for Week Two - Campfire Week.
You will get:
- 5 video links. The videos are not live but are designed to be interactive, allowing you to dip in and out of the activities to suit your child and your summer holiday.
- An activity to go with each video including games and practical activities to develop phonics, reading and writing skills. This week the most popular resource has been the s'mores recipe which has been written so that children can read it.
- A camp journal to fill in and record progress.
- A patch to celebrate completing the week.
- A bedtime story video to end the week.
This pack does not include access to the Facebook Group. The private Facebook group is only included when you sign up to all 6 weeks for £30 (saving £6 compared to buying them individually).
Is it suitable for children starting Reception?
It is aimed at children moving to Year 1. It recaps what they have been taught in Reception rather than teaching each sound. The camp covers phase 3 and 4. Children start with Phase 2 in Reception.
Is it suitable for children going into Year 2?
It doesn’t cover any of the Year 1 curriculum. It is a recap of Phases 3 and 4 which are taught in Reception. However the activities can be adapted. You could change to sounds and words to match the sounds your child is working on. There are also lots of fun camping themed activities too.